EU web-seminar: How to make packaging more recyclable
Delara Burkhardt, MEP, and the German Environment Agency would like to invite you to the webinar “How to make packaging more recyclable” on 26 March, 10:00 – 11:30 h (Brussels time).
In order to save resources, high-quality recycling of packaging waste is crucial. Join our event to learn more about current challenges and ideas for solutions.
Every year, the amount of packaging and packaging waste is increasing. In 2018 alone, the EU-27 generated 77.7 million tons of packaging waste in total, or 174 kg per capita. In order to save resources and achieve the European Union’s circular economy goals, and in addition to the primary goal of waste prevention, effective high quality recycling of packaging waste is crucial.
As part of the European Green Deal, one of the key goals of the Circular Economy Action Plan is reinforcing the essential requirements for packaging. The EU Plastics Strategy, too, stipulates that by 2030 all plastic packaging placed on the EU market must be (cost-effectively) recyclable, if it is not reusable.
But how should packaging be designed in order to be recyclable? How can the recyclability of packaging be determined?
We would like to invite you to the webinar “How to make packaging more recyclable” organised by Delara Burkhardt, MEP, and the German Environment Agency (UBA) on 26 March, 10:00 – 11:30 h (Brussels time).
Delara Burkhardt (MEP, S&D), Bettina Rechenberg (UBA)
Anja Gerdung, Jasmin Boße (UBA)
Dr. Joachim Christiani (Process Engineer)
Paolo Glerean (Plastic Recyclers Europe, Board Member and Chairman of RecyClass)
Bettina Lorz (EU Commission)
- Background: How to make Packaging more Recyclable
- Presentation Rechenberg: Current Situation of Packaging Waste Generation and Recycling in the European Union & Presentation Gerdung/Boße: The Recyclability of Packaging
- Presentation Christiani: Tools for measuring recycling compatibility and recyclability
- Presentation Glerean: Overview: Differences in sorting and recycling in Europe
- Presentation Buhe: Recyclability & PPWD review