The guideline for sustainable building provides an extensive description of environmental protection objectives for sustainable building. In addition to the aforementioned objective it also envisages to minimize i.a. the following environmental effects caused by building:
- Global warming
- Destruction of the ozone layer
- Ground level ozone formation in the form of summer smog
- Acidification of soil and water as well as rain
- Overfertilization of water, ground water and soil
- Reduction or avoidance of building-related heatisland effects of urban structures compared to the surrounding area.