Where can I obtain assistance for legal, certification, and analytic matters pertaining to site contamination?

As a government agency, we cannot of course recommend any specific source of such assistance. However, suffice it to say that in choosing an attorney, make sure that he or she specializes in the relevant field and has references to prove it. Such references can take the form of Sachkundenachweise, reference lists, Sachverständigenzulassungen pursuant to the BBodSchV or Bundesgewerbeordnung regulations, or proof that the attorney regularly attends specialized training courses. A list of sworn experts can be obtained from the Industrie- und Handelskammern (IHK) (Chamber of Commerce and Industry).