Resources Commission at the German Environment Agency
Resources policy is a demanding, international, cross-policy field of action with many different actors and approaches. The Resources Commission at the German Environment Agency (KRU) advises the Agency and makes concrete proposals for the further development of resources policy. Its aim is to help, together with the German Environment Agency, give resource conservation a greater voice in Germany and in the European Union.
Priority topics in the first appointment period
To fulfil its mandate, the KRU has set itself the following priority topics for the next three years:
- Vision of a resource-light society – How could a resource-light society be shaped? What would this mean for our daily lives?
- Resource conservation scenarios – Development and assessment of different macro- and microeconomic scenarios
- Requirements for a resource conservation law – What legal framework conditions are necessary and useful? In what way can they be anchored?
- Further development of the economic and financial framework for the promotion of resource-saving technologies and services
- Further development of recommendations to business on how to improve the market penetration of resource-saving technologies and services
- Transfer into society – How can knowledge be translated into action?
The review carried out by the Commission at the beginning of the 18th legislative period defines the common position and therefore represents the starting point for its joint work in the next three years.
Members of the Resources Commission at the German Environment Agency
- Dr. Christa Liedtke (Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy), Chair
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Faulstich (German Advisory Council on the Environment), Chair
- Sascha Hermann (VDI Zentrum Ressourceneffizienz)
- Dr. Friedrich Hinterberger (Sustainable Europe Research Institute)
- Dr. Alexa Lutzenberger (Leuphana University Lüneburg)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Meyer (Institute of Economic Structures Research GWS)
- Prof. Dr. Bruno Oberle (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Prof. Dr. Armin Reller (Augsburg University)
- Prof. Ursula Tischner (econcept)
- Dr.-Ing. Julia Tschesche (Effizienz-Agentur NRW)
- Dr. Hildegard Wilken (Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources)
- Herwart Wilms (REMONDIS AG)
The KRU’s secretariat is based in Section I 1.1, Fundamental Aspects, Sustainability Strategy and Scenarios, Sustainable Resource Use.